Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Zendala Dare # 78

HAPPY MISCHIEF NIGHT / DEVILS NIGHT / NIGHT BEFORE HALLOWEEN!

Yep... tomorrow is the most awesome day of the year...

SO - this week's Zendala Dare #78 from The Bright Owl was a bit of a doozy for me.  All I could do for 2 whole days was look at it & think spider web, spider web, spider web..., my mind was firmly stuck in that box.  Eventually I came up with something, & even used one of the new tangles on TanglePatterns.com (bumpkins.)

I do need a bit of help here.  Look at my zendala.  Top right hand 1/4, to the right of paradox... someone, PLEASE tell me what this tangle is called.  I can't find it anywhere... & it's a pattern I've been using since before I ever knew what Zentangle was... but it has to have a name, right?  Help a gal out!

tangles used: bumpkins, hypnotic, paradox, persian cat & ???
Also - I want to thank all of those who have commented before, & all of those who will comment in the future.  You all seem like really gosh darn swell folks!

8 comments:

  1. Nice line work. Like the scalloped effect of the outer edge.The tangle has some resemblance to Hurry, but do not think that is what it is. May check at tanglepatterns.com to see it you can find a match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment - & thanks for at least attempting to help me figure out that tangle. Checked out tanglepatterns.com & went through every single page - came up empty. Maybe I'll just have to submit it as a new tangle & see if it's accepted or not!

      Delete
  2. Very nice Zendala! Your lines are so straight and evenly spaced! I don't know what that tangle is called either, but I really like it and am not sure I've seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, thank you. Something strange... the faster I draw lines, the straighter they are & the spacing is better... if I try to slow down, I end up with some seriously wobbly lines!

      Delete
  3. Your zendala is great, I like the (unexpected) eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I like the eyes too - they were so simple to draw, but really add a bold, spooky sort of effect.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful zendala! Great linework! I like the eyes!

    ReplyDelete