Wednesday, October 16, 2013

DIVA CHALLENGE #140

Today I took a stab at The Diva's Weekly Challenge #140 .  (It's my first Diva Challenge!!!)  The challenge was to tangle using pointillism; which I must admit, I was super stoked about.  Pointillism is probably one of my very favorite techniques, as well as one that I haven't used in quite a while.

SOOOOOO, without further ado, here it is!
Diva Challenge #140

If you open the image to see it larger, it shows up HUGE.  The down side is that you can see my cheating.  I say cheating, because there is no way I could have drawn this using dots without guide-lines.  However; the up side of seeing it huge, is that you can more clearly see the range of different colors I used in each section to obtain shading effects.  I am very, very, VERY happy with how bitten turned out, & almost as happy with huggins.

As always, it would be awesome to hear any feedback - good, bad, indifferent.

14 comments:

  1. Nice job on the tangles. This would have been a tough one for the first challenge, but that could be said of a lot of them. Glad you decided to join the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much! I think this was an easier first for me because i was excited about the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Love the way you used the colored pens and nice concentration of the dots for the shading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I just used every different random colored pen & marker I had on my desk. I'm a bit of a pen hoarder!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks bunches!! I'm sure that if I hadn't cheated, this would have turned into a big blobby mess! (so I'm glad I cheated too.)

      Delete
  4. It looks wonderful! I like the way you set the colored dots for shading! Welcome here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your first Diva challenge! It's lovely! I can't wait to see what you'll be doing next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch - but hopefully this pretty good first challenge won't set me up for disaster in the ones yet to come!

      Delete
  6. Nicely done! Glad you decided to do the challenge.

    ReplyDelete