Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ZENDALA DARE # 76 - No.2

I have a really hard time drawing in black & white.  Not because I find it difficult, but because I just LOVE COLOR SO SO SO SO MUCH!  That being said, b&w can be much more striking than color in many cases.  I'm just not so sure this is one of them...

This go 'round was tedious.  & don't you hate it when you are almost done with something & you mess up!  Take a look, it's not hard, the boo-boo's just jump right out at you. 

Anyhow, I wanted to do a zendala in just grayscale... so that's what I did... & here it is.
tangles used: bilt, hibred, bandola, dl sunray, pomegranate

Thanks to the wonders of technology (specifically a high resolution scan,) I plan on taking a short-cut & printing out a version of this with no shading so I can go back & color it.  I figure I'll update this when I'm done with some vibrant versions of this zendala.

6 comments:

  1. This is really great. There are a lot of interesting little features here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I was a little concerned about it's fussiness/busyness.

      Delete
  2. I disagree, this is striking. I like the contrast you created and like the different tangles that you used. the shading adds a nice dimension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this could be the best compliment i've ever gotten!! THANK YOU, bunches & bunches & BUNCHES!

      Delete
  3. Don't be so hard on yourself, your zendala is very beautiful!
    Thank you for your very kind words at my blog, makes me shy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, anne. & you deserve the kind words - everything on your blog is beautiful!

      Delete