SO - I decided to go for an orb.
Let me tell you something - I am soooooooo glad I am done with this one finally. By the time I was nearing the end, there was not even a drop of zen left in me - it was more like a chore. Add on top of that the fact that I made several stupid mistakes that forced me to have to change the design a bit, & then I had more pen problems. The biggest being that a 005 micron I was using decided to die, & I went to another one (not brand new, a little bit of wear,) & the difference in the line width was ridiculous! Anyway... here it is:
|tangles used: hi-c's, hibred, chainlea|
I'll probably give this dare another go before the week's up - but, I can promise something right now - I am OVER hatching... cross hatching... any tight straight lines grouped together. I had great control over my lines when I started this piece, but by the end, my hand was wobbly & so were the lines. So there!
As ever, if you've got something you'd like to say - mean, nice, or indifferent - by all means, please comment away.